Conflict Resolution Training
“Turn Conflict into Cooperation with The Skilz Group”
The executive coaching staff at The Skilz Group tackles your Omaha business or organizations’ toughest conflict resolution training topics through our integrated and relationship-based executive coaching and employee conflict resolutions skills training courses and webinars. No matter how big or small the issue, any type of employee conflict can greatly affect the future of your Omaha company, so it is important to equip your team with the finest conflict resolution skills training in order to prevent and stop employee conflicts from escalating. Whether it’s harassment in the workplace, working with difficult people, or intimidation and bullying in the workplace, The Skilz Group can help you embrace and overcome your differences with our time-tested conflict resolution in the workplace training programs.
Bullying in the Workplace
You may be past the days of schoolyard bullying, but unfortunately, bullying and intimidation still happens as adults. Bullying at work is embarrassing to confront amongst your coworkers, and being bullied at work is a much more common issue than most employees would care to admit. The Skilz Group wants to help your Omaha business confront bullying in the workplace head-on with our conflict resolution training programs.
Bullying is called the silent epidemic. Although half of workers have experienced or witnessed bullying, policies and laws dealing with it are far less prevalent. This is, in part, because bullying at work can be hard to identify and address. People wonder, what does bullying in the workplace look like? How can we discourage it? What can we do to protect ourselves and co-workers?
At the end of this Bullying in the Workplace training workshop, you will be able to:
- Define what bullying is and is not
- Understand the costs of bullying to people and your Omaha organization
- Identify bullying behaviors and the reasons behind them
- Learn ways to prevent bullying and understand what role you can play
- Find ways to protect yourself from bullying at work
- Know what to do if you are bullied in the workplace
- Identify appropriate solutions for a bullying incident (within and outside the organization)
- Assist in creating an anti-bullying policy
Confronting Harassment in the Workplace
Workplace harassment comes in many forms, and is not always easy to identify, and even harder to address. Let The Skilz Group’s executive coaching staff and training consultants put you at ease, and make the subject of harassment at work an easier conversation to have amongst your Omaha employees and peers. Whether it’s verbal harassment from a boss or sexual harassment from a co-worker, our conflict resolution training will help you feel confident in preventing workplace harassment from happening in the future.
In 2012 alone, the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission ordered that $365,400,000 (that’s 365.4 million dollars!) be paid out for discrimination and harassment charges. No wonder companies are working to be more proactive in preventing harassment.
But how do you prevent harassment from occurring in your Omaha organization? What sorts of harassment policies should be in place? What should managers do to protect their employees? All of these questions (and more) will be answered in our Confronting Harassment in the Workplace training workshop.
By the end of our workplace harassment training program, you will be able to:
- Explain what acceptable behavior in the workplace is, and why
- Apply the benefits of harassment training
- Define the various types of harassment, including sexual harassment
- Assist in creating a harassment policy for your Omaha organization
- State some ways to prevent harassment at work and understand what role you can play
- Demonstrate some ways to protect yourself from harassment in the workplace
- Know what to do if you are harassed or accused of harassment
- Understand the complaint process– from the complaint to the reply, to mediation or investigation, and to a solution
- Identify situations where mediation is appropriate, and understand how mediation works in those situations
- Describe appropriate solutions for a harassment incident
- Know what to do if a harassment complaint is false
- Help your workplace return to normal after a harassment incident
Conflict Resolution Skills in the Workplace
Managing conflict at work is not always easy, but our executive coaches have developed innovative ways for you to not only address conflict resolution in the workplace, but also learn how conflict at work can be used to the benefit of your Omaha organization!
The Gallup Organization estimates that unproductive conflict at work consumes 32 cents of every payroll dollar. Furthermore, the average manager spends 30% to 60% of his or her day dealing with workplace conflict and its effects.
Our innovative Conflict Resolution Skills training program aims to give executives, managers, and employees at all levels a firm understanding of key conflict resolution strategies and tactics. Specifically, it will:
- Define conflict in the workplace
- Reveal why it often turns destructive in organizational settings
- Disclose the negative impact poorly resolved conflict can have on individuals, teams, and you Omaha organization
- Describe the positive effects effectively resolved conflict can have on the above
- Show you how to muster the courage needed to constructively deal with conflict amongst coworkers
- Identify your preferred conflict resolution style and recognize its inherent advantages and disadvantages
- Reveal the pros and cons of other conflict resolution styles
- Explore, in some depth, the two most commonly used approaches for resolving organizational conflict: compromise and collaboration
Working with Difficult People
We all have that one person that just gets under our skin, and no matter what position or type of Omaha business you work in, you are going to have to learn conflict resolution skills for working with difficult people. Let’s be honest, we’re all difficult some of the time. What is it that makes some people chronically unpleasant, uncooperative, uncommunicative, and uncompromising?
Our “ Working with Difficult People” training program will help your Omaha business learn how to value each other’s opinions and personality types to make you work environment more pleasant with easy-to-grasp perspectives and simple, powerful techniques that can help you:
- Identify the chronically difficult people at work
- Understand why difficult coworkers behave the way they do
- Effectively deal with their difficult behavior at work
At The Skilz Group, we want our clients to leave our conflict management training with the understanding that conflict can be healthy if addressed correctly. Our training consultants can help you view conflict resolution from a new perspective—not as something to be feared, but as a chance to turn conflict into cooperation within your Omaha business! Contact The Skilz Group today and stop putting up with harassment, bullying, and other workplace drama!