Communication & Interpersonal
“Achieve Effective Communication in the Workplace & Enhance Your Interpersonal Skills with The Skilz Group”
It’s no secret that effective communication and interpersonal skills training is imperative to the success of your business or organization. Without proper communication in the workplace, major problems are inevitable, affecting not only your employees and peers, but also your clients. No matter the size of your team or business, The Skilz Group’s training consultants are experts in finding the most effective communication skills and interpersonal, or soft skills training needed to influence and hone your employees’ communication skills in order to provide exceptional customer service.
The Benefits of Soft Skills Training
What is soft skills training and why is it imperative to the success of your organization? Soft skills, also known as “people skills,” or “interpersonal skills” are personal characteristics that allow people to engage with others effectively. Soft skills training can include critical thinking, communication skills, emotional intelligence (EQ), stress management, time management, and more. Research from the Stanford Research Institute and Carnegie Mellon Foundation found that 75% of long-term management success depends on soft skills, while only 25% is rooted in technical knowledge. No matter the nature of your business or team, your work is done by people (employees and managers), for people (customers, suppliers, and investors). Thus, to be successful, you’ve got to promote soft skills development and effective communication skills in the workplace and beyond. Our executive coaching staff is here to help you accomplish this through our custom employee communication skills and soft skills training.
First-Class Customer Service Skills
The Skilz Group doesn’t offer any run-of-the-mill customer service training program—our training consultants know how to teach customer service skills that are engaging and easily implemented. While many companies promise incredible customer service, some are better at delivering it than others. This two-day course is designed around six critical elements of customer service that, when integrated into your company’s culture, will bring customers back again and again.
By the end of this customer service skills workshop, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate a customer service approach
- Understand how your own behavior affects the behavior of others
- Demonstrate confidence and skill as a problem solver
- Apply techniques to deal with difficult customers
- Make and live a commitment to providing world-class customer service
Effective Communication in the Workplace
When it comes to the success of your organization, “effective communication is the foundation!” That’s because the productivity, profitability, and first-class customer service every organization strives for is the product of effective human interaction, which hinges on open, honest communication skills in the workplace. Our employee training consultants have created an effective communication skills training program that brings you and your employees back to the basic fundamentals of communication skills. Our Effective Communication in the Workplace training can help you succeed by reviewing the following 4 basic communication fundamentals:
- Non-verbal communication (i.e., “body language”)
- Positive verbal communication
- Message/medium alignment
Critical Thinking Skills in the Workplace
In today’s workplace, many people experience information overload. We’re bombarded with messages to believe various ideas, purchase things, support causes, and live our lives in a particular way. How do you separate the truth from the myths?
The answer lies in problem solving and critical thinking skills. Our executive coaching staff created this soft skills training on critical thinking basics because the ability to clearly reason through problems and present arguments in a logical, compelling way has become a key soft skill for survival in today’s world. Critical Thinking Skills in the Workplace training will provide practical tools and hands-on experience with critical thinking and problem solving.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Define critical and non-critical thinking
- Identify your critical thinking style(s), including areas of strength and improvement
- Describe other thinking styles, including left/right brain thinking and whole-brain thinking
- Work through the critical thinking process to build or analyze arguments
- Develop and evaluate explanations
- Improve key critical thinking skills, including active listening and questioning
- Use analytical thought systems and creative thinking techniques
- Prepare and present powerful arguments
Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace
Emotional intelligence, also called EQ, is the ability to make your emotions work for you rather than against you. You can use your EQ to build and sustain deep, positive relationships with others. Emotional intelligence is a pivotal factor in personal and professional success. Your IQ will get you in the door, but it is your EQ, that will determine how successful you are in life.
Our emotional intelligence training sessions are heavily based on research and experience from top experts in the psychology field. By the end of our Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace training program, you will be able to:
- Understand the meaning of emotional intelligence (EQ)
- Recognize how our emotional health and physical health are related
- Learn techniques to understand, use, and appreciate the role of emotional intelligence in the workplace
- Understand the different emotions and how to manage them
- Create a personal vision statement
- Understand the difference between optimism and pessimism
Stress Management in the Workplace
Today’s workforce is experiencing job burnout and stress in epidemic proportions. Workers at all levels feel stressed out, insecure, and misunderstood, which is why the training consultants at The Skilz Group are constantly seeking innovative stress management techniques and stress management activities that are applicable to your workplace. Our Stress Management in the Workplace training course explores the causes of stress, and suggests specific stress management strategies that people can use every day, because managing stress at work is imperative to productivity and your business’s bottom line.
At the end of our stress management training courses, you will be able to:
- Understand that stress is an unavoidable part of everybody’s life
- Recognize the symptoms that tell you when you have chronic stress overload
- Change the situations and actions that can be changed
- Deal better with situations and actions that can’t be changed
- Create an action plan for work, home, and play to help reduce and manage stress
Time Management in the Workplace
The Skilz Group helps everyone from executives to interns learn techniques to optimize time management skills for peak performance. Effectively managing your time at work is one of the most sought after employability skills, and our training consultants have innovative time management techniques to help you make the most of your work day.
This time management training program will show you how to make the most of your time by helping you get a grip on your workflow and office space, using your planner effectively, and delegating some of your work to other people.
At the end of this time management workshop, you will be able to:
- Better organize yourself and your workspace for peak efficiency.
- Understand the importance of, and the most useful techniques for, setting and achieving goals.
- Identify the right things to be doing and develop plans for doing them.
- Learn when and how to delegate tasks.
- Take control of things that can derail your workplace productivity.
People skills and effective communication skills in the workplace are vital to achieving your Omaha business’s bottom line. Helping you and your employees or peers master these all-important skills is why The Skilz Group exists! Call us today and become a better YOU!